Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bicycle, Bicycle...

Why are people fascinated with my bicycle? It's not particularly stunning, or loud, or eye-catching in any way. Except for the seat. I'll get to that in a moment. I ride my bike up to the bus stop and then catch the bus from there. It's simply a matter of lifting the bike that is the hardest part. Sometimes the drivers are kind enough to lower the front of the bus to help me out; sometimes not. But all of them, and a few passengers too, just LOVE the fact that I ride my bike, and think it's just the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And the seat. Well, the bike came with that standard, pelvic bone-breaking shape that just does not fit my anatomy. I have a big bum, and, while I'm not proud of it, it is there, and it needs support, darn it! It's a well padded gel seat, and I just love it. Makes the trip a heck of a lot more pleasurable. But everyone wants to know where I got it, and for the record, I got it at Fraser Bike Shop for around $50. Well worth it!

No comments: