Wednesday, July 15, 2009

LOONY PEOPLE OR LONELY PEOPLE

An older woman in an embellished scooter approached me at my bus stop this morning stating that I looked just like the man at the candy store. She was a little confused because she pointed at the wrong building. I see the man going to work everyday and the only thing we have in common is height and a messenger bag. I stated, "you mean that guy right there?", as he was walking in the front door of the candy store. She had to turn her scooter around to the north to see. She pointed out that her eyesight isn't so good and that as she got closer to me the only thing we had in common was the "purse" because he had a little beard. She continued, "You know it's a purse. You don't see many men wearing one around here." I informed her that a lot of men have the messenger bags in Detroit. "Do you work at a bank? I see you have your cell phone on you." I informed her that I work at a law firm in Detroit. She elaborated, "I'm a hairdresser and I went on this mission to the prison one time to cut hair. I had to take dull scissors. Did you know they don't allow shampoo in there? They don't even allow paper back books. They said the cardboard is too stiff. There was a doctor and an attorney there waiting too. Well they didn't end up letting me in to cut hair. I was glad in the long run. It was scary." She then proceeded to take off down the side walk. I couldn't help but wonder was she loony or lonely? Maybe a little of both.
Bus rides = entertainment

No comments: