Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recognized

I was at a local bar last night with some friends watching some games and playing video golf. We had a table in the middle of the joint. There was this short, homely woman hunkered down at the bar along with a plethora of regulars. I would periodically catch her checking us out while looking at the various television screens. Later on she proceeded to wave and smile. When my one friend went to the end of the bar to chat with a friend I was going to go over so I wasn't alone and she flagged me down. Not to be totally rude I mentioned that she looked familiar and that I noticed her from the Gratiot bus. She asked me if my friend was my son and I said no. She, feeling no pain, proceeded to slur that she always try to talk to me on the bus. I told her that I try to keep to myself. While she was talking to me she was very obviously raising her eyebrows, giving me the elevator eyes, winking and touching me. I played real dumb to not notice the flirty advances but it actually made her do it more - sad but true. I just couldn't get past looking at her awful teeth on that moon shaped face. It's too bad some people can't afford a dental visit. She was trying to tell me that she was accosted at gun point of a guy asking for a sexual favor. Why? I don't know. I excused myself to make my way over to the end of the bar where my friend was and join in the conversation and wouldn't you know it the persistent homely woman came over to be next to me. I tried hard to ignore her. I finally excused myself and went to the men's room and upon exiting gave my goodbyes to walk home. As I was leaving the bar the woman was calling and waving for me to come back but I never looked back. Whew. Maybe she won't remember the episode if I run into her on the bus.
Bus rides = entertainment

No comments: