Monday, June 14, 2010

Loudest Bus Award

This morning's bus ride in to Detroit was giving me a headache due to the fact that the brakes needed some work as well as something to do with the transmission or drive shaft. The bus was so loud I actually thought we were going to break down. Usually when there is a major problem with the bus you hear an alarm go off at the front. I've seen bus drivers just continue to drive on while it's going off and a few times the bus will actually be stuck for a bit at a stop due to a stall and the driver will have to restart the bus. Well this morning's bus driver got a lemon of a bus for his route, that's all I can say. Luckily I only had to endure the din for twenty minutes. I'm sure every bus needs to be inspected everyday for safety but I wonder what the maintenance schedule at the bus yard is like. It's probably rife with red-tape and paperwork. For me it's still the most economical way to get to work, (considering gas, parking, maintenance, & time) and it's better for the environment with less cars on the road. So you may want to consider the bus if you don't already take it. People tend to take advantage of not having to concentrate on driving. Some people read, some women apply makeup, some knit or crochet, some work on laptops, some play games, watch video or listen to the news with thier headphones on and feel productive.
bus rides = entertainment

No comments: