Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Headphones

I find that since I carry my MP3 player with me on the bus I'm using it as a kind of crutch. What I mean is that I'd rather listen to the radio or music than to talk to people. In a way I think it's kind of sad of me to purposefully avoid human vocal contact but some days I just want to listen in my own little world. The fact that I'm realizing this recent behavior is good in that I can think about it the next time I reach for the electronic device. I could be missing out on some interesting writing material as well. Something to think about though.
bus rides = entertainment.

1 comment:

naidra said...

I thought about that too, until I got into an argument about why Black men prefer White women with this guy on the bus. It got pretty heated! So...now I just keep my headphones on, or limit my conversations to answering questions about directions, or talking to the bus driver.