Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Foggy Day In D-Town

It started out as a brisk walk in the fog to the bus stop and the worry that the bus would pass me by due to the thick fog but it didn't thankfully. I froze for about 10 minutes and I boarded, said my hellos and made my way to the back of the bus. There was a guy zoned out with headphones on across from me. It didn't last long because shortly after I sat down he went into the, "this is a kick ass song mode" and was tapping his feat and gyrating in his seat - basically dancing like he was at a nightclub. It was quite amusing to watch and put a smile on my face. I should note that he had his eyes closed the whole time.

The fog was really slowing the traffic down to a crawl and apparently the bus driver ticked off a driver in the center lane because he cut right in front of the bus and slowed to a 2 mph crawl. When the traffic on the left cleared the bus driver got over and the car driver flipped us the bird.
bus rides = entertainment

1 comment:

Naidra said...

It's good to hear a relatively nice story about the bus in Detroit. A lot of people harp on a particular 'type' of people instead of realizing the humor of so many personalities in one vehicle! Anyhow, thanks for the post. Check my blog: http://paragonlifeblog.com/2010/05/24/moving-the-masses/