Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mislabled Bus!

Sometimes things aren't what they seem to be. Last evening nothing seemed out of the ordinary when I boarded the 560 to go home. It didn't faze me even when the bus driver turned toward Jefferson Ave. because periodically drivers will get around a bottle-neck at I-375 and take a short detour to get onto the service drive and back on track. I was busy reading my book on a quiet bus when I noticed one of the regular 560 riders in front of me go up to the driver. when I looked up we were on Jefferson Ave. heading East. A sinking feeling came over me. We were on the wrong bus. The driver insisted that we were on the 620 and even went out to look at the sign which was obviously malfunctioning. I thought we may be stuck on the bus all the way to Macomb Mall and then would have to catch a Southbound Gratiot bus. The driver phoned in to find out what to do with us. After waiting for about ten to fifteen minutes she drove us back downtown. She even went back to Griswold to pick up the 620 riders that thought it was a 560 and dropped us 560 people off on Larned at Woodward. Well that added about 30 minutes to my evening commute but it could have been worse.
bus rides = entertainment.

No comments: