Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not so much Bus, as Bums today...

Today I decided to get off on Woodward, as I had to go to the bank. I met up with a homeless guy who asked me if I could help him out with something for food. I automatically said, "Sorry, I don't have anything." But as I passed him and walked up towards the bank, I started feeling a bit guilty, as I obviously had something (in the form of my lunch bag) and still didn't give him anything. I didn't recognize him, or else I would not have given him the time of day. So as I wandered on back towards my building, I resolved to offer him my lunch at least. As I came up to him, he was asking someone else for help. I caught his attention, and offered my sandwich. Would you believe that bum said, "No thanks."? It's people like him that make you not want to help anyone at all. He probably wanted money for booze or something.

No comments: