Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nice and quiet - then boom!

I finally dragged my sorry ass out of bed in time to catch the Gratiot Limited. I boarded and found a seat in the rear and cracked the window. It was nice and quiet so I dragged out my book I've been trying to finish for a while and started to read. After about fifteen minutes or so I hear this booming female voice from behind me talking to one of the regular guys. When I say booming I mean it - she could fill the Fox Theatre with just her talking voice and shake the rafters. Maybe she is a speaker or singer but obviously has no sense of what an indoor voice is. Needless to say it was so distracting I had to put away the book. She had to nerve to talk about the most mundane items too - the nerve of her. If I have to passively listen in on her conversation at least she could make it a little juicy, salacious and intersting.
bus rides = entertainment. Patrick.

No comments: