Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wave of sickness

I've often wondered what I would do if I ever were to get sick on the bus. Unfortunately I got that experience on Monday. I've been battling a cold with head and chest congestion for a week or two but nothing to make me stay home in bed. Monday morning I was fine until I was on the bus for about 10 minutes and suddenly a huge wave of sickness hit me - nausea, blurred vision, full body sweat, chills, sore throat, headache. I was trying to stave off the illness by taking deep breaths and telling myself to hold on until I got to work and then I could deal with it. Questions that ran through my mind as I was sitting there were - what am I going to do if I really need to vomit? I guess I decided I would hurl in my back pack if I had to. What would I do if I lost my sense of balance and fell? Thankfully it didn't come to that. What a horrible feeling of being physically sick and having to sit it out on the bus. Well, I exited and staggered to the office with everyone telling me I looked like death warmed over and had an office courier take me home. Now I have a plastic bag I will carry in my backpack - just in case.
Bus rides = entertainment.

No comments: